Aluminum Floor Graphics (Aluminum Signs)
Aluminum Floor Graphic is a rugged 20mil aluminum foil material and is designed to naturally conform to the texture of rough or smooth surfaces. The high-friction / slip-resistant surface improves the stability of pedestrian traffic in the area it is applied to. It's designed to withstand harsh weather conditions in both hot and cold weather conditions.
It is printed directly on the material using UV cured inks and the material is rated for outdoor use, this material would last longer outdoors. Harsh conditions and /or extreme traffic may wear down the slip resistance and require the graphics to the replaced earlier for safety precautions. Indoor applications and locations with lighter pedestrian traffic can exceed life expectancy. This material surpasses anti-slip safety standards, both when wet or dry.
1. What are Aluminum Floor Graphics? Aluminum Floor Graphics features a rugged 20 mil aluminum foil material designed to naturally conform to the texture of rough or smooth surfaces. The high-friction/slip-resistant surface improves the stability of pedestrian traffic in the area it is applied and is designed to withstand hot and cold weather conditions. This material exceeds anti-slip safety standards, both when wet and dry.
2. What is the life expectancy of Aluminum Floor Graphics? Aluminum Floor Graphics are printed directly on materials using UV-cured inks, rendering it rated for outdoor use. Although this product is designed for outdoor use, harsh weather conditions and extreme traffic may wear down the slip resistance and require the graphics to be replaced sooner for safety precautions. Indoor applications and locations with lighter pedestrian traffic can prolong the material’s lifespan.
3. Can I use this material on hard surfaces such as concrete, brick, etc.? Yes, this material can be used on fairly even harder surfaces such as concrete, brick, epoxy, etc. For best results, we recommend using a hard rubber roller to roll on the surface of the material after application.
4. Can I request a custom cut or contour cut on Aluminum Floor Graphics? Yes, custom shapes can be requested through the estimating panel on our website.
5. How are Aluminum Floor Graphics printed? UV-cured inks are printed directly onto the surface of the aluminum panel, resulting in a longer outdoor lifespan.
6. What are the file requirements for Aluminum Floor Graphics? Files must be submitted in PDF format without crop marks. Text and graphics should be placed at least 0.5” from the edge of the cutline for safety. Ensure you have 0.5” bleed on all sides of your artwork.
7. How do I apply Aluminum Floor Graphics? Sweep your desired area clear of dirt, debris, or moisture (if the surface is oily, it may need to be power washed with a commercial degreaser). Peel off the release liner from the floor graphic, lay it flat on the surface, and compress it by hand with a roller. Make sure all edges have been completely adhered to. The high-performance pressure-sensitive adhesive provides superior holding strength, enabling it to be ready for immediate use. It can be applied at temperatures of 33℉ / 0℃ or above. Please note you MUST consider the temperature of the surface to which you’re applying. For instance, stone and metal surfaces are often colder than the air temperature. It is ALWAYS recommended to test the application when the temperatures hover around freezing. For best results, it is recommended to apply your floor graphic in temperatures of 50℉ or above.
8. How can I achieve the best results when installing Aluminum Floor Graphics? For maximum bonding results, we recommend using a hard rubber roller to roll on the surface of the material after application. The material can be used on fairly even harder surfaces such as concrete, brick, epoxy, etc.
9. Are Aluminum Floor Graphics recyclable? Yes, Aluminum Floor Graphics are made from aluminum and contain no PVC or hazardous elements. It can be disposed of with aluminum recycling.