Akuafoil Business Cards
For a fraction of the cost of other foil cards, you can have the same premium look for your business cards. Whether you're looking to make a statement or keep it simple, Akuafoil has something for everyone! It will catch your client's attention and keep it.
Custom logo design, textured foil, and different finishes create a one-of-a-kind business card that will grow your new customers' trust and loyalty. With Akuafoil you can create dazzling designs with unlimited colors and finishes!
No matter what kind of business you're in, you're always looking for ways to be unique and to stand out. With the best prices and the highest-quality foil, Akuafoil is what you need to get ahead of your competition today.
- Paper Type: 16pt cardstock
- Akuafoil Front side printed with no UV (5/4), or
- Akuafoil Both Front and Back sides printed with no UV (5/5), or
- Akuafoil Front side printed with UV coating (5/4), or
- Akuafoil Both Front and Back sides printed with UV coating (5/5)
- Spot UV options available
Check out How to set up Akuafoil & Raised Spot UV for printing
What is Akuafoil and how do I set it up?
With Akuafoil, you can turn a wide range of CMYK colors into multi-colored foils. Akuafoil uses a special processed foil system that is applied under a 4/c process to create an array of foil colors. It's simple, affordable, and makes your prints stand out from the crowd.
For an Akuafoil job, you must include an Akuafoil mask file along with your CMYK file. The mask file indicates where the Akuafoil will be applied. The file setup is the same as Spot UV. Use 100% K where Akuafoil needs to be applied and white where the Akuafoil is not applied.
As shown above, the file on the left is the normal CMYK print file. If you want the logo to be Akuafoil, then your Akuafoil mask file should look like the file on the right. The white indicates no Akuafoil and the black 100% K indicates where the Akuafoil will be applied. When uploading, please remember to upload separate files.
Here are some more things to keep in mind when creating your Akuafoil artwork:
Make sure the mask and CMYK print files are aligned. They should match exactly in size and position.
- Akuafoil works best on lighter colors. The darker the CMYK color, the less vibrant the Akuafoil effect.
- Do not use very thin or small text and artwork with Akuafoil. Use San Serif fonts above 12 points for best results.
- If you have Akuafoil applied to a white area, it will have a plain silver Akuafoil look.
- For better quality, we recommend creating mask files in vector-based programs such as Illustrator or CorelDRAW.
If you would like plain silver Akuafoil to print, make sure to have at least 15% K in the CMYK print file area in order to obtain the highest quality silver Akuafoil effect.
When creating knockouts in the Akuafoil mask or in the CMYK print file, please be aware that there might be a "Halo" of white around the knockout area. Below are two examples: On the left, a file with a CMYK magenta background and a knockout for the Akuafoil text. On the right, an Akuafoil background with a knockout for the CMYK text.
These are the printed results:
You can see the white "Halo" in between the CMYK ink and the Akuafoil. To prevent this, grow/stroke the Akuafoil area in the mask by 1 point. This will allow the Akuafoil to bleed into the CMYK area, reducing the white "Halo" effect. You can also fill in the knockout with color to reduce the effect further.